Under the guidance of an experienced tutor, you will learn as a class group and individually how to develop your own drawing or painting artworks.
This class encourages you to explore your own individual style through discussion and exploration of material and subject matter.
No experience required as there will be a permanent still life setup for those who are just beginners and want to try art for the first time or who want to improve their skills.
These classes are designed to be inclusive and social and offer a great introduction
to art and for those who want to have some fun, whilst going home having learnt
something new At the end of the course, you will have achieved the ability to use
your resource material to develop ideas through the exploration of line, value, colour mixing and composition.
What materials to bring
• A sketchbook A4 or A3 or sheets of cartridge paper Drawing pencils ranging from 2B to 6B
• Charcoal, black and white conte and rubber
• Your paints and palette
• Wiping rags or paper towels, no wet wipes please.
• Your selection of brushes.
• Your selection of quality paints
• A Canvas that is portable
• Students who will be working on their own individualised projects need to bring their own resource materials. These include photos, A4 printouts, sketches or objects of fascination.
This class is offered as part of our Term adult program. If you would like to take the class but have missed the term dates or would like to book a group, please contact us to discuss.